Mrs. Lakia Gaines is the 2018-2019 Teacher of The Year for the Sumter Career and Technology Center! Mrs. Gaines, a 12 year veteran in the educational field, currently teaches Aerospace Engineering and Mechatronics. Mrs. Gaines, […]READ MORE
The mission of the Sumter Career and Technology Center is to prepare all students for a global technological workforce or post-secondary education.
The Sumter Career and Technology Center Graduation Exercises
will be held Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at Patriot Hall.
- Each graduate will be allowed to have four (4) guests present. Invitations must be presented at the door.
- For those students who want to participate in graduation, you must attend graduation rehearsal the morning of June 6, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. until 12 noon at Patriot Hall.
- On graduation night, seniors are to wear their cap and gowns from his/her home schools. The proper attire for clothing under the gown is the same requirement for your home school. Both male and female students must wear dress shoes. No sneakers or jeans are to be worn. Failure to dress properly the night of graduation will prevent your participation.
- Students must be in place no later than 6:00 p.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- Students who are not participating in graduation will be able to pick up his/her certificate after June 10, 2019.
- When you arrive at Patriot Hall, please enter through the red stage door from off of Moody Avenue. “Stage Door” is written above the door in white letters.
CLICK ON A FLYER TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN BE A PART OF THE SUMTER SCHOOL DISTRICT EMPLOYMENT FAMILY!
Strategies for Teacher Advancement & Renewal (STAR) Teacher
Lakia Gaines, Aerospace Engineering teacher, has been selected to participate in the STAR
STAR – Strategies for Teacher Advancement and Renewal Program which is sponsored by The Foundation for Professional Development and Palmetto State Teachers Association.
STAR is a statewide program designed to recognize and reward outstanding veteran teachers in South Carolina. Some primary goals of the STAR program is to enhance teachers’ commitments to their profession and to the improvement of educational opportunities for all South Carolina students; and to reward outstanding veteran teachers who have taken initiatives to grow professionally and to recognize them for exceptional performance.
Keeping your children safe while at school is our district’s top priority. Please read this statement from our Interim Superintendent. Parent Letter
Sumter School District will continue to offer additional time for teacher collaboration, professional learning, and instructional planning during the 2018-2019 school year.
Beginning September 7, high schools will start one hour later each Friday until May 17. Students are to report to school by 9:45 am, and the school day will end at 3:45 pm. Buses will arrive at the bus stops in the morning one hour later than the normally scheduled times.
Integrated Production Technologies Level 2: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4971695/IPT2-Sumter
Microburst Learning Employability Soft Skills